The Saudi Arabian Riyal Interbank Express (SARIE) is an electronic payment system that The Saudi Central Bank (SAMA) made available to the banks operating in KSA in order to process customers’ instructions to transfer funds in SAR in favor of accounts held with other local banks.
Features and Benefits
This service allows a customer to transfer funds in Saudi Riyals between accounts opened in local banks in a secure environment. Some of its benefits are:
- Instant transfer execution between banks in the kingdom
- Secure means to transfer funds
- Available through SAIB internet Banking
- Automated money transfers using IBAN account numbers guaranteeing receipt of funds by the beneficiary.
- Ability to execute transfers using alternative beneficiary identifiers (for amounts less than SAR 2500) without the need to add and activate beneficiaries
- An active current account in the Saudi Investment Bank is required to use the service.
- Registration requires agreeing to share some personal data with the Saudi Payments Company (SARIE).
- To receive transfers up to SAR 2500, a one-time personal identifier set up is required.
- The Bank of the beneficiary must be among the Banks registered in IPS services
This service allows customers to verify beneficiary name and bank before verification for both quick transfers IPS and add/activate new beneficiary services by entering the international Bank Account Number (IBAN). This services is only available to banks registered in IPS services
|Same day transfer through the branch||SAR 25 per transfer|
|Next business day transfer through the branch||SAR 15 per transfer|
|Same day transfer through the Internet Banking/Mobile App||SAR 7 per transfer|
|Next business day transfer through the Internet Banking/Mobile App||SAR 5 per transfer|
|Cancelation or amendment request to local bank via SWIFT messages||SAR 20|
|Inquiry request to local bank via SWIFT messages||SAR 20|
|Electronic transfer through instant payment system||0.5 SAR for 500 SAR or less|
|1 SAR for more than 500 SAR|
|Branch transfer through instant payment system||5 SAR for 500 SAR or less|
|10 SAR for more than 500 SAR|
* Charges will be deducted as per customer’s classification.
* Transfers will be subject to funds being available in the account.